Skip to content
Saturday, 22 August 2026
Breaking
Meta Taught Reels, Google Built Utility: Who Wins the AI Race? Meta AI Console: Could Website Owners Get a New Gateway? 84 Lakh Yonis: Why Human Birth Is Considered Rare in Hindu Philosophy Braj Panchang 20 August 2026: Durga Ashtami, Bhadra and Shubh Muhurat Mathura Govind Nagar Police Hold Sainik Sammelan to Address Personnel Issues Mathura Food Safety Raid: 500 Kg Paneer, 2,000 Kg Milk Destroyed UP Ration Dealers Get Higher Commission as Government Raises Margin – Firozabad BKU Atal Chief Amit Singh Backs Minister Over Chhata Sugar Mill Protest
Mathura28°C22 Aug
Govardhan

Hunger Strike Begins Over Mansi Ganga Safety in Govardhan

Share:
Follow MathuraNow Get every update the moment it breaks.
Hunger Strike Begins Over Mansi Ganga Safety in Govardhan

Indefinite Hunger Strike Begins Over Mansi Ganga Safety

Govardhan, 7 July 2026: An indefinite hunger strike has been launched at Mansi Ganga in Govardhan, with protesters demanding permanent safety measures following repeated drowning incidents at the sacred water body. The agitation is being led by social activist Vinodi Singh Chaudhary, who says the movement is aimed at ensuring the safety of pilgrims and local residents.

The protesters allege that despite repeated accidents in recent months, adequate preventive measures have not been put in place. They claim that temporary arrangements during major religious events are insufficient for a pilgrimage site that receives visitors throughout the year.

Also Read: 24-Hour Medical Stores to Serve Pilgrims During Govardhan Mudiya Mela

Seven-Point Memorandum Submitted

The protesters have submitted a seven-point memorandum to the district administration, the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), the Tehsil administration and the Nagar Panchayat. Their key demands include:

  • Immediate removal of the concerned SDM.
  • Installation of permanent railings and barricades around Mansi Ganga.
  • Installation of safety chains around vulnerable areas.
  • Permanent deployment of trained divers and lifeguards.
  • Availability of life jackets and rescue equipment at every ghat.
  • Joint security deployment by the Police, Nagar Panchayat and Revenue Department, particularly during evenings and peak pilgrim periods.
  • Identification of safe bathing zones and implementation of a permanent Mansi Ganga Safety Action Plan, with periodic public reporting.

Protesters Say the Movement Is in Public Interest

According to the organisers, the protest is not directed against any individual but is intended to secure long-term safety arrangements at one of Braj’s most visited religious sites. They have stated that the hunger strike will continue until the administration takes concrete action on their demands.

The organisers also said the movement has received support from women, members of the saint community, senior citizens and local youth.

Also Read: Govardhan Mudiya Purnima Mela Area Divided into Nine Super Zones for Enhanced Security

Statement by a Woman Protester

Speaking to reporters during the protest, a woman participant said that repeated drowning incidents had raised serious concerns about public safety. She alleged that representations had previously been made to district and tehsil authorities but no permanent action had followed.

She also expressed concern over the upcoming Mudia Poono Mela, during which lakhs of pilgrims are expected to visit Govardhan. According to her, permanent year-round safety arrangements are needed instead of temporary measures during festivals.

“We want permanent arrangements such as barricading, safety chains, life jackets, trained divers and a comprehensive safety plan so that no more families lose their loved ones,” she said.

Also Read: Govardhan Temple Marks Nirjala Ekadashi with Grand Darshan June 2026

Note: During her remarks, the protester also made emotionally charged personal statements regarding her determination to continue the agitation. MathuraNow has chosen not to reproduce those statements in full in order to report the event responsibly while focusing on the public-interest issues being raised.

Administration Yet to Respond

At the time of publishing this report, no official response had been issued by the district administration regarding the demands or the hunger strike. MathuraNow will update this story if an official statement is released.

Why the Issue Matters

Mansi Ganga is one of the most important religious sites in Govardhan and attracts thousands of pilgrims throughout the year. Safety arrangements at major pilgrimage locations become particularly significant during large religious gatherings, when visitor numbers increase substantially.

Also Read: Purnima Draws Huge Crowd to Govardhan

Frequently Asked Questions

Why has the hunger strike started?

The protesters say repeated drowning incidents at Mansi Ganga require permanent safety arrangements.

What are the main demands?

The memorandum seeks permanent barricading, lifeguards, rescue equipment, safe bathing zones and a long-term safety action plan.

Who is leading the protest?

The agitation is being led by social activist Vinodi Singh Chaudhary along with local supporters.

Has the administration responded?

No official response had been issued at the time this report was published.

Rate this article: No ratings yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News Tip